Friday, May 23, 2014

Cocktails at the Castle





A couple weeks ago, Nathan and I attended Cocktails at the Castle at the American Swedish Institute.  What a wonderful event!  Neither of us had ever been there before, and had no idea what to expect of the event.  I heard about it from a Facebook post an old work friend of mine had posted and wanted to go.  I love talking about art, I love the Minneapolis art people, and thought it would be a great way to meet people and do some networking.  Nathan just thought it'd be old people.  Well saying we were surprised was an understatement.

There was such a wonderful mix of people there.  Artist talks, live music, Indeed brewery, Swedish cooking, custom cocktails, museum tours, a DJ, discounts for biking to the event, I could keep going on and on.  After talking with people who are consistent ASI goers, employees of the institute, and a few others, I learned what a great event this has become.  They have a few similar events a year, geared towards making themselves more widely known throughout the metro and gaining a wider patron-base.  Anything that promotes the arts is good for me.  The cost of ticket, drinks and food was around $60 total, which wasn't bad, especially since Nathan and I tried as many of the foods and cocktails as we could.

I can't wait for Cocktails at the Cabin this summer!  Until then, planning a non-event based visit is on my list of things to do.  Looking further into the future, I've heard it's gorgeous there at Christmas!

Have you been?

No comments:

Post a Comment