Sunday, June 8, 2014

happy heart.

This last weekend has been magical.  It was my last "off" week before I started work and class for the summer, and there's no doubt I did it right.

The original plan was to have a morning meeting before having lunch with a friend.  My meeting ended up getting canceled and when I texted my friend to see if he'd like to meet earlier, he was at the coffee shop next to my place getting work done.  I finished up some things and walked down to the coffee shop to meet up with him.  We wound seeing friends, grabbing food, enjoying patio weather, and getting sun and laughs to last for days.  We discussed how crazy it was that, for the first time in months, no one in our party had any other commitments for the day - it was just us, enjoying the day.


There was plenty of cleaning, errands, painting, runs, and long walks between, but I was soon joined by a dear friend from England.  It's been over two years since I last saw her, and it was such a treat to have her with me for a long weekend!  We hit up some great Minneapolis spots (Stone Arch Bridge, Moscow Hill - I know it's St. Paul!, U of M Campus, Main Street, the Guthrie, Mall of America, to name a few), she met and we went out with my darling J. Crew family, and made it to a Twins game.   





Experiencing this city as a tourist, experiencing the Mall of America through the eyes of someone who'd never been, and then catching up with even more old friends just made it even better.  Watching the Tony Awards to finish off a great weekend doesn't hurt either!

P.S. I also received this in the mail...wonder what it could be!? ;)

How was your weekend?xx


No comments:

Post a Comment