Wednesday, August 6, 2014

minnepolis musts:: Pat's Tap






Pat's Tap on Nicollet has been on Nathan's list for awhile.  A couple weeks ago, I was dying for some patio time and he was dying to try Pat's, so off we went.  It had a great patio, great food, great drinks... I did not regret our decision at all.


Sunday afternoons at 4:45pm, when we chose to go, aren't terribly busy.  Leaving a couple hours, however, was a different matter entirely.  Being on Nicollet Avenue, there wasn't a ton of room for parking.  I'm fairly used to walking, but just be prepared that it might be a couple blocks away that you're able to park.


We got the house made Cheese Its right away.  I was absolutely starving and they instantly satisfied my hunger and blew away my taste buds.  We didn't make it in time for happy hour, but everything was very reasonably priced and the Apricot Hefe (their beer for July), was so good I got two, and have been craving it ever since.  The menu itself is a work of art.  I love the graphic layout and the typography, and their website has one of the best restaurant layouts I've ever seen.

After we finished dinner outside, it was in to the building we went.  Dimly lit, the place was adorned in the most fantastic wallpaper, and a plethora of sports and bar-themed memorabilia.  We headed into the back and played a couple rounds of Skee-Ball (I dominated, for once), and darts (also dominated).  It was only a quarter to play Skee-Ball or Darts, so we had plenty of fun off of a couple bucks.


I highly recommend going here if you get the chance - who doesn't love Pat?

No comments:

Post a Comment