Wednesday, May 28, 2014

beach must-haves


Before we go down to the beach each day, Mom makes sure we have bags packed. Plenty of water, - SmartWater on doctor reccommendation for all of us, for the electrolytes - a hat, some sunnies, a pair of head phones, a good book, and a cover-up. 
As fair skinned girls, Mom, the Sisters, and I are pros at protecting ourselves from the sun. Sunscreen is applied in copious amounts, and reapplied two hours later. I choose my outfits carefully for sunny vacations - a tank top cover up for early in the trip, and a light popover for when I don't want the sun directly on my lobster skin, but don't want to swelter. Hats have become a must for me over the last year, as I've started to notice more signs of aging on my face (eek!), sunglasses are necessary, and Chapstick with SPF is my most forgotten item, but one I'm working on making sure I remember! (Burnt and chapped lips are no fun!)

I'm notorious for lugging way more books around with me than I need, so it's no surprise that I make sure I'm good on reading supplies. I like to have a good book and a magazine, just in case. Today I have The Golden Notebook and the June Vanity Fair with me, so I am completely satisfied. 

What are your beach must-haves?



No comments:

Post a Comment