Thursday, June 5, 2014

bakery series:: Spyhouse





Spyhouse has been on my radar for awhile.  Photos of the Minnesota mug have been showing up on my Instagram for the longest time and, once I figured out where they were from, I have been wanting to order a drink in one forever.

I finally got the chance.  Nathan and I went to the Northeast location before I went home for my sister's confirmation.  The coffee was delicious (as was every single one of their iced teas!), as were their pastries.  Here's the secret to their amazing pastries - they order them from Patisserie 46!  I got the almond croissant this time and I was not disappointed.  The coffee cake Nathan picked out was absolutely HUGE.  Again, we did computer work (me) and read the WSJ (Nathan).

The atmosphere was FANTASTIC.  Rustic, cozy, plenty of space.  Not too much outdoor seating, but the giant picture windows make up for it.  Probably my favorite of bakeries for atmosphere alone.  You will not be disappointed if you head here on a sunny, rainy, or snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment