Tuesday, July 8, 2014

buttered tin.




I'm so behind on my posts it's embarrassing.  I visited the Buttered Tin in St. Paul with my friend Michael weeks ago.  Over a month ago.  So embarrassing.

We happened to be able to go on a weekday morning, so there was virtually no wait.  I ordered the Banana Foster French Toast and a mimosa - hello, it's brunch! - and I was not disappointed.  Everything tasted perfect, and the house-made whipped cream was the perfect touch.  Michael ordered the Biscuits and Gravy.  It wasn't to my taste (I don't like pepper), but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who wouldn't like it.  I even got one of their cupcakes to go.  I brought it back to my apartment and put it in the fridge for a few hours until Nathan came over and I could share it with him.  It was soooo good, even hours after it was made!

One of my favorite parts of the Buttered Tin was their table numbers - playing cards!  It was the perfect quirky touch, I took a picture of it right away.  I cannot wait to go back.  I want to try the Buttermilk Pancakes and the Loaded Hashbrowns, though I may end up just getting the Banana Foster French Toast again!


No comments:

Post a Comment