Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ginger Hop:: Minneapolis musts.




I apologize for the lack of good pictures on this one... I only had my iPhone with me, and the lighting there isn't the best for photos.  If I had taken more, you'd see the gorgeous palm fans in the bar!

Ginger Hop, in Northeast Minneapolis, is one of my favorite places.  I started my birthday there for one reason alone - the cream cheese wontons.  Nathan and I went back awhile ago, and I've gotten the wontons on take out multiple times since.  Literally the best cream cheese wontons I've ever tasted.  They have both plain cream cheese and carmelized onion cream cheese options, the latter coming with a soy/peanut/something delicious dipping sauce (though I'm a traditional sweet & sour).

Their cocktail drinks are delicious, and their wine & beer list isn't bad.  I will warn about the food - it is slightly spicy.  I made sure to order a dish that did not list "spicy", "hot", "medium", or "tangy" in the description, and I still ended up not being able to finish my meal due to my mouth burning.  Aside from it being surprisingly spicy, I enjoyed my dish, as did Nathan.  It should definitely be a place you check out, and if you're just going for the wontons, go during happy hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment