Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday

One of Loverman's favorite activities is Black Friday shopping.  It's more important to him than his birthday, a Friday off of work, his morning cup of coffee, and probably our anniversary (justkindakidding).  As part of his birthday present, I agreed that even though I would be in my hometown for the actual holiday that we actually celebrate, I would make it back up in time to shop with him late Thursday night/early Friday morning.

Well, lo and behold, the Black Friday gods have changed the laws of Black Friday and starts at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, and midnight.  In the words of Loverman, "I mean, I had an issue with midnight, and 10pm, but now 8pm and 6pm?  It's sacreligious".  As a compromise with his Black Friday morals, we went out around 10:30.  AND DID I SCORE OR WHAT?

Loverman hardly got anything.  A blu-ray that he later discovered he could already stream, and "Home Alone," which was actually pretty good $3 deal.  But I got the best gift for Little Brother.  He is going to love his remote controlled mud-covered Ford F-150.  Does this not make me the best sister to a 5 year-old?!  I grabbed some last things for my mom, a couple of friends and got myself one of my favorite movies, "Silver Linings Playbook".  I scored.  I got spritzed with some awful perfume by a woman with poor aim in an overcrowded Macy's cosmetics department, but it was worth it.  Online shopping was delightful as well; however, online shopping was limited to must-haves, so I didn't find much.  Loverman lucked out there, picking up some gifts for his mom and himself.

Did you find any good deals?  Tell me!  I love shopping stories!

OH! Did you have a good Thanksgiving?  It was a joy to be back home with my family this year.  It's been three years since I've made it back for the holiday, due to being out of state and staying at school with Loverman's family because of a scheduling conflict, so it was wonderful.  With divorced parents, it came with a fair amount of stress, but a fair amount of stress that was worth it.  I was woken up by Little Brother in the wee hours to watch "Planes" before the parade and the Thanksgiving breakfast Dad made everyone.  It's always good to spend time there, to hang out with him and Little Brother.  At 5, Little Brother is at the age where it is an absolute hoot to be around him.  Some really good ones:
"I'm not going to college.  Where do you go after college?"
"Well, you get a job.  Kaitie is going to college soon."
"But she already has a job, so she shouldn't go to college and leave like you did."  (Hence having to get the best present ever.)


"Did you bring home Hiccup Spike?"  (Referring to my hedgehog.)
"No, I left Hiccup in my apartment at college."
"Taylor, her name is Hiccup Spike."

Then he called my Dad a knucklehead and tried to get out of playing a game by telling a family friend he was 3, then deadpanning he was actually 4.  What a turkey.

Off to Great-Grandma's it was after that, and then straight into the car to drive to Loverman.  Long day, but worth it, even if the Black Friday gods smited (smote? had the gall to smite?) Loverman.

No comments:

Post a Comment