Friday, November 22, 2013

things I love Thursday (on Friday)

happy Friday everyone!
I apologize for not getting things I love Thursday done yesterday.  Long story short, it was Loverman's birthday, I tried to cook, and had class, and never once sat down at my computer.

So, if you will please forgive me, I now present things I love Thursday (on Friday) and I hope you all have an absolutely amaze-balls weekend.
Image

- Twinnings Breakfast Medley
I started a new job a couple weeks ago, where they have an absolutely unlimited supply of hot water.  It's just there.  This may be common for many of you, but not I, it is the eighth wonder of the world for me (but not really).  But anyways.  I've been rotating through the different breakfast teas every day, and it has been wonderful.  Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Irish Breakfast and Prince of Wales Teas...yum.  I've always been a fan of tea, especially breakfast ones, but never knew which one I loved enough to buy a whole box of.  WELL PROBLEM SOLVED.  I know consume tea by the gallon and get made fun of for having to go to the bathroom all the time. (Ok, so they haven't started teasing me yet, but I'm sure they will anyday now.)

- Design Darling
I've been a fan of the College Prepster for a couple years now, but only recently have I sat down to read and follow Design Darling.  An absolutely beauitful blog, wonderful online boutique, and a very inspiring and fashionable small business owner, it is definitely a must read.  Mackenzie knows what she's talking about, and she has a certain flair for making you want to stay up late and do inventory with her, or wear an insane amount of navy and pink.  Definitely one of my inspirators/motivators.

Creative Gift Wrapping
A little known fact about me is that my favorite part of the holidays is actually wrapping gifts.  I love to make labels, find gorgeous prints, wrap perfectly, finish with a bow or ribbon, and make picture-worthy piles of matching presents.  I printed my own paper when I was in middle school - ever since, I've continued to try something new each year to surprise others and  myself.  This has been my most searched and drooled over pins lately.  Check it out, it's never too early to get the gifts under the tree!

Pantone Coaster Set
I've been bringing these up subtlely and not-so-subtlely in conversations with Loverman over the last week.  I'm a huge fan of Pantone, and love looking through their color swatches.  I love the cool tones of this set, and they bring a lot of classic style to whatever surface you're protecting from coffee rings.  If you like brighter colors, the original ones an assortment of bright reds, blues, yellows, etc.  They would make a fantastic gift for any design fan in your life, or a fantastic gift for yourself.

- Loverman
Loverman gets to be on my list for Things I Love Thursday (on Friday), but only because Thursday was his birthday.  Only reason.

There are my Thursday loves (on Friday) - what are you loving today?

1 comment:

  1. […] no secret from my last things I love Thursday (it was on Friday) that I love gift wrapping.  With the whole night ahead of me, I took the time and I wrapped my […]

    ReplyDelete