Thursday, November 14, 2013

things I love Thursday.

As a pretty enthusiastic person, I can easily bounce from one thing to the next with an abundance of joy and excitement (No lie - it drives my parents and Loveman nuts!). Because I am the way I am, I constantly want to tell people all of the fun things that I've discovered or am in love with.

So, on every Thursday, I'll be sharing (about) five (maybe six) things with you that have been suffering through my excitement.

-- moleskine planner
I live by my planner - I am lost without it, I color code it, and I need a sturdy one.  There have been years when I went through 2-4 planners just to find the right one.  I think that I hit the jackpot this year.  I love the way Moleskine looks and feels, and the layout of the week is large enough that I can write all of my lists and to-dos, along with birthdays and meetings.

The pocket in the back with the address book is also super handy - great for address or notes (which I'll probably use it for), or anything that gets picked up along the way.

-- bean boots
The weather is getting colder, which means I pull out my boots and wear them every. single. day.  I love the classic look of the Bean Boots, and the Thinsulate ones are especially useful in chilly Minnesota.  I actually tend to wear them year round - they're great to slip on quick if it's been rainy, or even if I'm going to the garden (one day).

-- Let Them Talk
Yes.  Hugh Laurie of everyone's favorite medical drama has not only one, but two albums for our listening pleasure.  I have been absolutely in LOVE with his first album and I listen to it to and from campus, while I'm driving, homework, every day, every time I can... I'm OBSESSED.  Particularly with his rendition of "Jericho" and "Let Them Talk".

-- upside down Christmas trees
The newest design fad is also in my apartment living room.  Almost.  My roommates cat has a thing for Christmas trees, so we decided to hang it from the ceiling.  I've been spending so much time looking at the images of the trees, I cannot wait to get mine decorated.  It's a little complicated to get it set up, but it is definitely going to be worth it come the Christmas holidays.

-- zig zag asian collection: wool scarf
Along with bringing out my Bean Boots for winter, I've also brought out my wool scarves.  I have two from Zig Zag that I purchased at the Weisman Art Museum's gift shop and I love them.  They're the right size to wrap around your neck or simply wear it as a shawl when working at the computer (which I'm doing now!).  The color of the threads is phenomenal, and I won't be surprised if I pick up another this year.  Sorry Loverman.

No comments:

Post a Comment