Wednesday, April 30, 2014

beauty review:: sensationail gel manicure

Another beauty review, another story about my nails.  For Christmas, my dad gifted my sisters and I with the Sensationail Gel Manicure kit.  I already had gel polish on my nails, so we tried the polish out on Kit, and it worked pretty well!  The color was a little shimmery for me, so I waited until I found a color I liked before I tried it.

The time came, and I was not impressed.  I had the polish picked off within a few days.  I was really disappointed, as I love the durability of a gel manicure, but don't have the budget to consistently get them.  (Oh, and they helped me cure my habit of nail picking!)

Fast forward to about a week ago - I was itching to get my nails done, but my budget said it would be awhile.  I decided to give gel polish set another try, so I picked up Island Oasis from Target, poured myself a glass of wine, and got started.

I'm impressed.  Very impressed.  I want to get all the colors, and if someone wants to send me Coral Sunset, that'd be cool.  The key is to take your time.  I made sure I was being precise.  When the directions said cure for 60 seconds, I cured for 90 seconds.  When they said two coats, I did three (mostly because I wanted it to be more opaque).  The biggest tip I have though - don't let the base/top coat or the color coat touch your skin.  If it gets onto your cuticle, you'll have more issues with snagging and peeling.  It's going to be on your nail for  couple weeks, it's okay if it's not right up to the skin.

It does take a little bit of time and energy to get it done, but so does going to the salon to get them done.  On the plus side, you can watch Netflix and drink wine at home while you do it.

I'll let you all know how long it lasts and how removing it goes when it comes time.  I'm sure it will be a process!

UPDATE: Pretty easy removal, except for a weird stickiness that's left on the nail.  Luckily it's easy to paint over.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment