Monday, April 14, 2014

good food. az pt 5


I was a little spoiled with food while on vacation.  Nathan and I went to In-N-Out, of course, but we had plenty of other wonderful meals with friends and family during the trip.  As the memories that last the longest, they're the ones I'm using to wrap up the AZ series that went on a week longer than I planned (my bad!)!  And thank goodness it's finally warming up in Minnesota - I need to be on a patio again!

Early on in the trip, we went to dinner with some good family friends and had phenomenal steak, ribs, salads, and a jalapeno dip to die for - this coming from the girl who hates anything spicy.  There was a ton of good food between it, some relaxed trips to the deli and plenty of leftovers, and the trip was wrapped up nicely at a fantastic sushi place.  We were seated around the hibachi grill and my birthday was celebrated, which meant I got to stand next to the chef and play around a little.


What was truly fantastic about that particular dinner was the family with two kids sitting next to us.  My grandpa gets a look on his face, one that can only be described as pure joy and wonder, when he sees his loved ones or anyone under the age of 14 having fun.  Getting to see this look as he watched the kids trying sushi and talking with us about their dirt bikes was the best souvenir of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment