Tuesday, April 1, 2014

perfume love no.1

photo credit: Mellow Mayo


It's no secret that I'm a sucker for free things, a good deal, or a "buy this, get a free gift" promotion.  If I can get a $40 gift with my $40 purchase, well then each thing was only $20, right?  (This is how my mind works, people!)  My birthday was a couple weeks ago, and as I was going through the promotions tab in my inbox, there were two emails from Sephora that stuck out to me.  The first was that I could pick up my (free!) birthday gift in-stores or redeem online, and the second was that with every purchase I made, I could pick out five free samples instead of the typical three.  Well.  Let me tell you.

I initially disregarded the second email, as I had just gotten home from vacation and really did not need to spend any money on make up at the time.  My intent was to go to the website and claim my birthday gift, because I'm lazy at heart and didn't want to go to the mall.  Imagine my surprise (but not really surprise) when I discovered that to get my birthday gift, I had to buy something.  "Well," my internal self said, "that's okay, because then you get five free samples and your birthday gift, which is probably a $10 value or something."  (The lazy struggle is real guys.)  So I bought the Trend Tips for Sephora by OPI in Ikat.  They were on sale and I paid a little for shipping (I knowwwwwww) but I got five free samples and my birthday gift!  For less than $10 total!  Isn't that exciting?!

For one of my samples I chose Roses de Chloe perfume, because although I'm not a beauty nut, I love perfume.  The feelings I have for this particular scent are indescribable.  I hadn't smelled it before, but when I put it on I was initially unsure - fresh cut roses aren't always my thing.  But ohmygoodness, I'm in love.  I want to wear this scent every day.  Every.  Day.  If I wasn't so broke right now, I would definitely be buying (have bought) this right now (already).

Anyone want to get me a belated birthday gift?  Sephora, want to just mail it to me?

What scent are you loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment