Wednesday, April 9, 2014

beauty review:: Sephora by OPI Trend Tips




As I mentioned last week, I ordered the Sephora by OPI Trend Tips in Ikat.  Well I put them on about a week ago, and I would definitely order them and apply them again.  Let's start with the good:

The Good
- as long as you apply a topcoat, they last a long time.  I didn't have a chip for at least five days.  That may not seem like a lot to some people, but I pick at my nails and the nails break easily, so this is fantastic for me.
- they're subtle.  I got tons of compliments on them, but many thought I had done them myself!  While it's great to have professional looking nails, it's also a relief to know people aren't thinking "wow, that's intense to have professionally done".

The Bad
- they dry out quickly.  You have to apply them fast, and there isn't a ton of room or time for error.
- there are only 16 stickers.  It's a one time manicure, which is great for the price, but I was frustrated that there are only two of each sizes.  With smaller hands and similarly shaped fingernails, I had spots where there wasn't enough coverage, and others where I had to trim the sticker to fit.
- takes forever to take off.  I held off the review because I was curious how easily they came off.  Because they're metallic, it takes a little longer anyways, but there was also this sticky residue that was left on my nails. NOTHING I did got it off, so I just painted over it.

All in all, pretty good!  I'd give it a 3.75-4 out of 5, and I would definitely get it again.  I would get them for design and long lasting factor alone - it's way quicker for me to paint my nails.

Any products you're loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment