Thursday, April 10, 2014

hiking. az pt 4





Hiking (read: exercise) is not my favorite thing in the world.  I promised Nathan last year that we would go hiking and, when we did, it was awful (kidding!).  I was dramatic, as usual, and we made the hour and a half trek there and back and had a fun time.  This year, of course, Nathan was dying to go again, and I promised him he would.

On one of the days we had no plans, we drove ten minutes to Usery Mountain Park and got ready for the hike.  I had so much more fun than I thought.  Honestly, I think last year it was that I didn't want to look weak in front of Marathon Nathan.  I knew that I could handle it this year, so I just let myself have fun.  It was such a weight off of my shoulders to just know I could do it.  The wind caves at the very top were fantastic, and there were ground squirrels everywhere - weirdly cute!  Stepping out of your comfort zone on vacation is terrifying, but can lead to new traditions and fun memories.

What have you done on vacation that was out of your comfort zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment