Sunday, March 9, 2014

adulthood.

When I leave the office on Thursday and Friday afternoons, I walk to my bus stop and am usually either right on time, or about twenty minutes early.  I happened to be early last week, which was chilly, so I popped into the Lund's that is the storefront by my bus stop.  The original plan was just to pick up some lemons and limes - I left with not only those, but also a bundle of tulips.

It's crazy to think that the thing that made me feel most "adult" in the last few months was buying fresh flowers for myself.  I couldn't just flop down when I got home, exhausted from the day/week and not wanting to do anything; instead, I had to trim my tulips and place them in a vase.  I kept moving and kept my motivation up.  I kept looking at the tulips as I worked that night and the next, constantly thinking how "adult" it was for me to buy fresh flowers.

Buying flowers is an expense not everyone can afford - there's times when I can't afford it.  I learned a couple of years ago how great flowers make me feel, how happy they make, so I'm making an effort to work it into my budget.  A flower bunch every other week equals to a pint of ice cream every week, and using flowers to make one happy is way healthier than ice cream!  When I don't have flowers, I just find myself eating ice cream and adding to my Pinterest board of flowers instead.  (Kidding...sort of)

I have this wonderful white pitcher from Target that my mom got me when I first moved to Minneapolis that I use for flowers.  I've spent a little time trying to figure out where to style it... What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment