Saturday, March 8, 2014

bakery series:: butter

I'm happy to introduce a new, ongoing series of bakeries and coffee shops.  Most of them will be in the Minneapolis area, but I may throw one or two in that I run into outside of the metro.

--



Nathan and I went to Butter a few weeks ago on Nicollet and 37th.  We didn't plan it as a work date, just morning coffee and a pastry.  It was an adorable little cafe and we stayed longer than planned, doing the crossword, reading the paper and just catching up with each other.

I had the banana ginger scone, while Nathan had the mocha scone.  His was tasty, but I'm biased towards how delicious mine was.  Coffee was good, pastries were good, the whole place was good.  It was pretty full, so we were lucky to get seats at the bar next to each other - some of the only seats left in the place.  That's what we get for going at 10:30 on a Saturday morning I guess!  Other than our own mistake of getting there later, the layout is a little weird by the coffee refill station.  Coffee refills are free, but not self serve.  I have no problem going up to the counter to get a refill, but because of the weird layout, the employees have a tough time seeing if someone is waiting there.  Oh, and they had these adorable homemade dog biscuits for sale by the register.  One of my favorite parts of Minneapolis is how pet friendly it is; I wanted a dog at that moment just so I could buy it a biscuit!

Overall, we had a wonderful time, and contemplated going this morning, but we chose another place that I'll tell you about next week.  I can't wait to go again - earlier though, so I can get a table!

1 comment:

  1. I love coffee and pastry shoppes....such a comfortable atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete