Saturday, March 1, 2014

cross country skiing.

Here's a quick disclaimer:  I'm not terribly athletic.  I'm actually clumsy and have little patience for taxing sports.  I know, it's awful of me.  So when Nathan started talking about going cross country skiing way back in December, I kept putting it off.  I was busy, not up to it, any excuse I could think of.

As the meteorological winter started to come to an end, I could tell that Nathan so badly wanted to go, because he would not let the subject die - so I promised him we would go.  We made the plans to go, and I feigned excitement, not letting on how nervous I actually was.  Being un-athletic, I tend to dread anything where I will undoubtedly be the weakest, get tired the fastest, etc.  I'll admit it - I was wrong to not be excited.


We had an absolute blast cross country skiing.  What really helped me was that Nathan was also a beginner; which meant I didn't feel insecure about my abilities.  It was the first time for both of us, and it took a little bit to get the hang of it.  The first hill was really hard! Nathan made it up pretty quick, while I kept sliding backwards and falling every five minutes.  I finally made it up the first hill, and every one after that was just a little easier.  Fun fact: Nathan fell way more times than I did, and I don't think anyone has ever accomplished that feat. ;)

If you're looking for something fun to do as the winter drags on, go out and try this!  We went to the Three Rivers Park District in Bloomington, MN, and it was relatively inexpensive and the trails were great!  If you're in the area, be sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment