Saturday, March 15, 2014

bakery series:: Turtle Bread Co.



I mentioned last week that I was visiting another bakery...  Here it is!  Turtle Bread Company on Chicago is where Nathan I planted ourselves for a few hours to do work (and read Design Darling, apparently).  When we walked in, I was surprised by the number of tables that were sitting around empty - there were so many!  Only a handful of people were there when we got our pastries and coffee (almond croissant for me, cinnamon pecan sticky bun for him, both delicious), and we settled down in the back by one of the few outlets to work.

When Nathan went to get the first round of coffee refills, he came back with round eyes because the place was packed.  I had to check for myself, but he was right - packed.  It had gotten so busy in less than an hour!  There were couples and groups and people enjoying coffee on their own, it was so fun to see the different types of people.  Turtle Bread also serves hot breakfast and a lot of these newcomers were feasting on that.

The buffet table of breads and pastries were so enticing, I had such a difficult time choosing what to have.  The only thing I didn't love was there was a severe lack of outlets.  But that isn't totally a bad thing!  If you want to hunker down and get a lot of computer work done, getting your coffee and pastry to go would be best, but if you're looking for a place to grab brunch with friends, I would definitely recommend Turtle Bread Company!

No comments:

Post a Comment