Saturday, January 25, 2014

apologies & things.

guys.  GUYS.  I am the absolute worst.  I was in laying in bed on Thursday night when I realized it was Thursday.  I had gone the ENTIRE day thinking that it was Wednesday.

And then yesterday (Friday) was so hectic, I couldn't even do a Things I Love Thursday (on Friday).  Terrible, I know.  The start of the semester was far more exhausting and time-consuming than I thought it would be.  I could have stayed up late either of the nights to crank out the post and publish it, but then I realized something.  I don't want to post Things I Love Thursdays anymore.  When I sit down to write each list, I want to keep writing about each thing.  I want to share more about it with you, or I feel like I just picked something to write about.  When I do Things I Love Thursdays, it's stressful.  I know I said last week that I loved them and they were forcing me to think and challenge myself, but to be honest it was stressful.  It was hurting my creativity and I found myself getting stressed to blog.

I've started blogs in the past and this is the first time I've fallen in love with one.  It's true, what they say, that to be a good writer or to fall in love with writing, you need to keep writing.  Totally and completely true.

I'm not quitting because I think it's hard.  I'm taking a break from Things I Love Thursday because I'm finding I have more to write about than little blurbs about things once a week.  Yeah, I'm thinking of new content to write, but the things I'm writing little blurbs about could be bigger and beautiful, and I deserve the chance to write that.  You deserve the chance to read it.

So for now, I'm taking a break.  It could be a New Kids on the Block break, or a never return to it again NSync break.  But I can tell you that I will keep posting content, and I will give every post my all, instead of half-trying, which was what was happening.

Hope you love it, there's lots of new things coming.

 

xx Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment