Thursday, January 9, 2014

re-organized

As I mentioned on Things I Love Thursday, I did a little re-organizing.  I have a tiny apartment, and an even teeny-tinier bedroom.  Space is definitely limited and I do what I can to utilize every bit of it.

If I'm not sitting at my desk or the kitchen table doing work, I'm usually found sitting in my bed watching Netflix, crocheting, iPadding, etc., or on the couch in the living room doing the same.  The living room was optimal for awhile, until my roommate needed to take her TV back from the living room.  Then it got silent.  It sounds dumb, but I love Netflix.  I love watching movies and TV shows - I listen to Pandora sometimes, so I'm not totally lazy (guarantee Nathan is rolling his eyes right now).  Anyways.  Once the TV in the living room was gone, I could only watch something if I was sitting on my bed (unless I used my computer, but a television is better, come on).  This was a problem I needed to solve.

It took a little thinking, and a lot of rearranging, but I managed to fit my favorite, old, yellow chair into my room.  It sits right up against my bed, and is just out of arms reach of my door, but I love it.  I've had this chair since the fifth grade.  When my family moved into our house, this chair had been left in one of the rooms.  I refused to let my mom throw it away, and I've kept it with me ever since; it appeared in my senior pictures, and it has fitted in to every residence I've ever had.  My parents are definitely sick of hauling this chair around, and they're so glad I'm not living in the dorms anymore.  When I was there, this chair would be brought to college, tried to be fit into my living arrangement, and then usually packed back up and brought home.

I managed to get rid of and pack up two tubs worth of stuff and throw another tub worth of stuff away.  I KNOW.  I HAVE A LOT OF STUFF.  The point is, after deep cleaning, I managed to fit my beloved yellow chair into my room and it is perfect.  My roommate let me use one of her tiny blue tables and it fits perfectly next to my chair, under my Kissing the War Goodbye poster print.  Officially my new favorite place to hang out.






What do you think? What is your favorite spot?

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Love to hear you're getting rid of stuff!!! :-) (says the college roommate) Old chairs are just the best. Sometimes we need a little consistency when moving so often... it's hard to make a place feel like home, but old stuff usually does the trick for me too! (As I type this in my little old lady recliner!) Love you, Taylor! So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete