Thursday, January 16, 2014

Things I Love Thursday

photo (1)


Mm well, it is Thursday again.  Last Thursday before I start spring semester, and there are a few things I'm loving this week.  These posts are both a joy and a burden each week.  Trying not to repeat myself, but also challenging myself to come up with a few things to share with you each week can take its toll on the head.  This week wasn't terribly difficult, luckily, ha.

- Chino Latino
A delicious restaurant in the Uptown area of Minneapolis, I was able to go join a friend in celebration of her twenty-first birthday.  I'm normally not a huge fan of Latin food, and I'm pretty standard when it comes to Chinese, but the two times I've gone to Chino Latino I have had no problem finding something (or some things!) that I want to try on their menu.  I got the chicken potstickers, and Nathan got the empanadas.  Chinos also have an ahmazing bar if you're looking for a place to get drinks!

- Hummus
I don't like chick peas.  I don't like garbanzo beans.  But somehow, for some reason, I've decided I like hummus.  SO WEIRD.  For the longest time, I couldn't stand the taste or the gritty texture.  I was in Target the other day with Nathan and he stopped to look at the hummus to get himself a snack.  For some reason, I also looked at the hummus and was all "oh hey, hummus sounds good, let's get some hummus, yum yum yum".  And here I sit.  Eating hummus.  Yum yum weirdly yum.

- Pride Bets
There's something about pride bets that I love.  There are always the bets for a dollar, or dinner, or a beer, but there is something about making a bet with yourself and telling the world about it that makes it so much better.  I went out for McDonald's with Steph earlier in the week, felt guilty for getting McDonald's and spending money and not being healthy, and I decided that until the semester was over - no McDonald's.  I told Nathan, who is proud but has doubts, and now I'm not only proving him wrong, but myself wrong.  And it is kind of an awesome feeling.  Try it sometime.

- Lip Stain
I love lip color, but have always found problems with every medium I've tried; lipstick dries out my lips, lip gloss is sticky, balm is messy, etc etc.  I tried a lip stain from e.l.f. and was mostly pleased with it.  Unfortunately, it dried out insanely fast - I was only able to use it 2 or 3 times before it dried out completely, which was a bummer.  Anyone have recommendations for a lip product that they've used and loved?  Tell me about it!

- Oscar Nominations
As I've mentioned, I LOVE award season, especially the Oscars.  Well, the nominees are up today and I'm mostly pleased.  Inside Llewyn Davis got completely snubbed, which is a shame, because I loved that movie.  I'm getting seriously excited for the presentation.  Nathan and I are starting our second annual Oscar Picture ballot, which is when we watch every movie nominated for Best Picture, and then try to watch as many more of the highly nominated movies as we can.  We have seen 2 out of 9 so far, and have 6 weeks to watch 7 of them.  So pumped.



What's on your radar?

1 comment:

  1. […] to write about.  When I do Things I Love Thursdays, it’s stressful.  I know I said last week that I loved them and they were forcing me to think and challenge myself, but to be honest it was […]

    ReplyDelete