Monday, January 20, 2014

Carnaval Brazilian Grill

Over the holidays, I went to dinner with my family at Carnaval Brazilian Grill about an hour away from my hometown.  I had been to a Brazilian grill before, and I was so excited to go again.  The last time I went, I had to unzip my dress to sit in the car; this time I had to take my tights off in the bathroom.  I wish I could say I was kidding, but I most definitely am not.  The food there is so good, no sane person can eat there and NOT bloat.

We went to celebrate my Mom's birthday, but it was exciting as well because we brought our Brazilian foreign exchange student.  Ethel was in heaven from the moment we walked through the door.  They were playing one of her favorite Brazilian songs, they had Brazilian soda, the most amazing Brazilian meat (Picanha), and Ethel was able to speak Portuguese with a couple of our servers.  But of course they had all of these - it was a Brazilian Steakhouse after all.

It was such a blast to go out with the family.  Mom, Ethel, and I all ordered the Guarnana to drink, and it was delicious.  It isn't as carbonated as American soda, but mmm it was tasty.  We all laughed together as I tried to pronounce the signature beef - Picanha - because it took quite awhile for me to get a nasal "a" sound down.  Or something, haha.  It was such a wonderful time, and I find myself going back to it in my head as the start of the semester begins today.
image

image_1

image_2

image_4
The cinnamon grilled pineapple? Um, delicious.

image_5

No comments:

Post a Comment