Thursday, December 12, 2013

Anchorman 2



I chose Baxter, because I love Baxter.

Earlier in the week, Nathan and I caught another pre-screen sponsered by 43kix - Anchorman 2.  I got the tickets through a drawing my University had and I was pumped.  I loved the first movie, and the second was just as good.  A few people behind me commented on how ridiculous it was, as if it was too ridiculous, but what did they expect?  Did they not remember the Pleasure Town bit from the first Anchorman?

A few spots in Anchorman 2 dragged a little, but for five minutes at the most.  If it dragged, it came back with the snappy one liners the first movie was known for and the audience was instantly laughing again.  What I loved the most was all of the little things that Nathan and I constantly pointed out to each other.  A side character in the back, or a facial expression that wasn't the focus of the shot.  It was hi-larious.

I'd already made plans to see Anchorman 2 on its release date, and I have zero issue with seeing it again.  At two and a half hours, it was a little long, and as I watched it, I was aware that it was long.  But to be honest, I didn't care.  It's like when you're at a sporting event - the whole time you're there, you're aware that time is moving on and it's getting later and later, but you don't care.  As I watched Anchorman 2, I didn't care.  I laughed my way through it, and was ready to watch it again.  Adam McKay and Will Ferrell outdid themselves.  Anchorman 2 was all I could hope for in the sequel.

Comment if you've seen it, or after you do!  I want to know what your favorite part was!
(Ummm, Kristen Wiig anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment