Friday, December 20, 2013

things I love Thursday (on Friday. Again.)

I know.  I KNOW.  It's Friday.  I was supposed to post this yesterday.  My original plan was to get this done earlier in the week and schedule it so I wouldn't get caught up  in finals and have a mental avalanche.  Well, sorry, had a mental avalanche.  I finally finished up my semester on Wednesday, but then didn't want to look at my computer AT ALL, so here we are.  Doing Things I Love Thursday on Friday.  Again.

Anyways - here's what I'm loving this week! :)

- Santa Tracker
This is adorable.  It works like an advent calendar, with a new part of Santa's journey opening up on each day.  There are some cute things in there - I personally love calls from Santa - and no matter what age you are, it's great to look at anything through a younger set of eyes.  Besides, any age will find the calls from Santa hilarious, I sent about six out instead of actually working on my thesis.

- Apple Holiday Commercial
Have you seen this yet?  I got teary.  Having two younger sisters and being part of the cellphone/social media generation myself, it's all too common in my family to see the kids sitting on their phones.  I love this commercial because it shows us so much good we can do with our technology, and that's often forgotten.  And, fun fact, it was entirely filmed on an iPhone 5S.  I don't have one yet, but I think I'll be making more home videos when I do get one.

- dconstruct Jewelry
Yet another thing I've gotten from a museum gift shop, I love the dconstruct jewelry and phone cases.  I have a super thin version of the Fossil Leaf in Indigo bangle and I wear it every day.  I love that it's small enough that I can have it on my tiny wrists (my biggest issue with most bracelets), but it is malleable enough to get it on any sized wrist.  The one I have isn't available online anymore, but you can get other sizes in the same pattern, and tons of other adorable ones.  If I had more money, I would buy so many more.  But they're definitely on my Christmas list.

- Father & Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Another one that made me cry.  This is absolutely a beautiful thing to do to celebrate a love and a life.  After his wife of 5 years' passing, this man and his 1 year old daughter recreated some of the photos of the day of their wedding in the house they lived in... It is phenomenal and so touching, I don't even have words.

 

Hope you all have a great weekend!  What were you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment