Saturday, December 7, 2013

holidazzled

image

Last night, Loverman took me out on the town.  And tonight, he told me to stop calling him Loverman on the blog.  So from here on out...Nathan.  Here's Nathan and I from last night (sorry for the quality!).

image_2

He took me out for Date Night, which consisted of standing outside in INSANELY cold weather.  Do you not remember how cold it is here?  We stood outside for just under an hour to watch Minneapolis' Holidazzle parade, which was just long enough for my toes to get numb and the rest of my body to feel like it was being stabbed by cold daggers and other unpleasant feelings.  Nathan did say he was proud I didn't throw a fit about the weather, as my body is notorious for completely overreacting to the temperature outside and I am notorious for being quite vocal about the state of my temperature.  The parade was beautiful, and I managed to get a couple shots of the lit up floats!

image_4

image_7

photo 4


It's always fun to head downtown, and it was so wonderful to spend a Friday night out soaking up the holiday.  We went out for dinner at Devil's Advocate and both had the delicious Natty Burger.  I found nothing wrong with the food, and they have one of the best beer lists in Minneapolis.  Afterwards, Nathan surprised me by getting out ingredients for us to make delicious Kiss Cookies (which happened to be gluten free and delicious!) and then watching a Minneapolis Christmas classic, "Jingle All the Way".  We had a blast trying to spot all the metro locations and laughing at the geographical mistakes.  Overall, it was a wonderful night, and a great way to enjoy the holidays in the place I now call home.

Some more pictures!

image_6


Hope you had a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. […] Kiss Cookies Nathan and I made these on Date Night.  So, so good, and gluten-free.  We cut the 1 cup sugar into 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown […]

    ReplyDelete