Thursday, December 5, 2013

things I love Thursday!

It happens once a week, and this week it happens to be cold and snowy, but mostly cold.  It also marks the day I give my senior presentation (almost done with it all!).  That's right, it's Thursday.
Image
- BudgetBytes.com
I'm fairly new to cooking.  I mean, I know how to make food, but I grew up with things that were frozen or could be made in the microwave.  My parents were better at cooking when I was older, but I was in and out of the house between school and activities that I never got to sit down for a meal.  Loverman is a HUGE foodie.  He showed me this website and I was floored.  Because I'm in college, I'm also trying to be smart with money and groceries, and this blog definitely helps me find healthy recipes on a budget.  And the miscellany cooking tips are great - I hate touching raw chicken.
 - QuizUp App
Okay, so I love trivia.  I love all types of trivia, but trivia games make me feel like I'm retaining random information for a reason.  If you get it, make sure you register with Facebook.  I tend to skip that part and register away from something that would post for me, but it connects to your Friends through Facebook, and won't post anything without your permission - I PROMISE.  What's really fun is when you reach level 10 in whatever category you're working in.  When you reach that, you unlock a different "title" that pertains to the category, which is pretty entertaining if you ask me.
- "The Sound of Music" Live on NBC
There's something about live theatre that gives me goosebumps every time.  It's amazing that it's being brought into the homes of people across the country and it's electric - more people need to see theatre and reap its benefits.  I'm unsure of how Carrie Underwood will do (I love her voice, don't get me wrong, just intrigued!), but Laura Benanti is one of my favorite stage and screen actresses.  Also, Audra McDonald.  Audra.  McDonald.
- 26 Problems Only Anxious People Will Understand
As someone with anxiety, this is absolutely hilarious to me.  I read the entire thing and either laughed or nodded in agreement.  Number 3 and 14 made me feel anxious just by reading them!  It was a much needed laugh on this Thursday morning though.
Hope you're all having a good week!  What are you loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment